Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Upper 30s in New York


Temp: 38 and sunny
Wind: None
Precip/Humid: none/low
Terrain: Flat
Distance: 4 miles

What I wore: Asics knit hat with sweatband and gloves. Asics medium-weight, 1/4 zip, wick-away technical top under a Nike light-weight full jacket. Standard sports bra. Full-length, unlined tights.

Did it work: Yes. I was cool, but not cold when I started and warmed up nicely. By the end of the run, I had partially unzipped my outer layer and fully opened the 1/4-lenght zip of my under layer.

Tip: Cool weather runs deserve cool innovations, like shirt cuff pockets (see photo). Many designers now add a little fold of fabric inside the cuff of long sleeve tops, like a pocket to tuck your hands in to help keep them warm. Cuff pockets are great way to protect your hands without heavy gloves when it's not very cold out but is windy or rainy. And, when it gets a little more wintry, they give you a place to tuck away your gloved hands until you warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment