Sunday, December 27, 2009

60 at sunrise

Temp: 60, sun just rising
Wind: Little
Precip.,Humidity: No rain, moderately humid
Terrain: Rolling hills to flat
Distance: 3 miles

What I wore: Nike shorts and dri-fit t-shirt, regular sports bra

Did it work: Yes, but I wouldn't have minded either gloves OR a light-weight, long-sleeve tech top, instead of short sleeves. I was pretty chilly when I first stepped out but warmed up after the first half mile. Still, without the sun's heat, my arms and hands were pink by the time I got home.

Wow moment: Thanks to still having a bit of jet lag, I was out as the sun was coming up. Despite the cold, I was stopped in my tracks by the sight of the sun reflecting on the low clouds that were clinging to the mountain side here in Queenstown, NZ. Beautiful and a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment