Friday, June 4, 2010

What to wear running in 80 degrees

Temp: 80, sunny
Precip./Humidity: None/Moderate
Wind: Calm
Terrain: Mostly flat
Distance: 3.5 miles

What I Wore: Nike running hat; Champion sports bra; lined Puma running shorts; Nike wrist sweatband; Aveeno sunblock.

Did It Work: Yes, as much as anything can in the heat. I know, 78 isn't that hot, but it feels like it after about 10 minutes of running. I knew it would, hence the minimalist outfit (no pics, I'm feeling shy:-D).


Sweatband, Really?: By the time I got home, my entire body was covered in slick of sweat. It was more than one little wrist band could handle, so why was I wearing one?
If you're a woman running in just a sports bra or a guy running with no shirt, sometimes you need something to mop your brow, eyes and nose. Without a shirt, you're up a creek, unless you've got a wrist band! You might not get it all, but at least you can keep your face from looking like the Bonneville Salt Flats.
(Above: Nike, traditional sweatband made of terrycloth. Very absorbent but gets kind of itchy when it's soggy. Lululemon, pocket wrist band made of wicking Luon (TM). The "pocket" isn't that functional, but the band is cute, lightweight and fairly absorbent.)

Happy running and, in the words of Kurt Vonnegut, wear sunblock!

1 comment:

  1. yeah sweatbands! i use them all the time, specifically for my eyes! (in fact im wearing one in like every race pic) people seem to think they are strictly fashion...

    ReplyDelete