Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Speedy Sasquatch is My Favorite Sadist

Last night, I met up with Team Sasquatch's Tuesday night speed group, led by Josh, aka on Twitter @SpeedySasquatch. The hill workout plus push-ups and core work was punishing, but taught me some new things about my body and, thanks to a great group, was fun.

Temp: 75, dusk
Precip./Humidity: Low
Wind: Calm
Terrain: Rolling to HILLS!
Distance: 5.5 miles

What I Wore: Sleeveless top; lined running shorts; hat.

Did It Work: Yes. I liked having my arms free to swing as we climbed the hill, over and over. It also worked for eating 'shroom burgers and fries on a bench with @nycbklyngirl afterward.

Double Duty: The run outfit was not only worn for my run, but it also was all I wore for the subway ride to & from Central Park.  For non-New Yorkers, the subway is not the grim, scary place shown on the movies. Instead, in the summer, it is usually an ice box with cold, hard (but clean!) plastic seats. During rush hour, it was crowded with people in work clothes. I didn't mind looking like a runner, but I didn't want to look like I was taking the subway to my first Olympic trials.
Keeping all that in mind, I chose full-coverage shorts and the Nike sleeveless top, which is made of a thick dri-fit material, over the Puma running tank, which is made of a thin, wicking fabric and is more revealing.

Thanks to the Tuesday night crew for a great run!

No comments:

Post a Comment