Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Compression Sports Bra

I've gotten spoiled. I've been wearing sports bras that rely as much on structure as they do on compression for at least three years. They are reasonably comfortable, provide great support and look good.

Recently, a 24-hour trip became a 3-day one.  Luckily, I had running shoes and shorts. Unluckily, I didn't have a top. I dashed to the local Lady Foot Locker and picked up a Champion sports bra and Reebok top.

The Champion sports bras that I have at home are great -- molded cups and soft, wicking fabric. So, when I saw that LFL carried Champion-brand, but not my style, I did something I almost never do with running gear: I assumed it would be fine.


This is me, in the sports bra. A pooch of skin and fat is being squeezed out because the compression on this thing is so intense. The upside, the "girls" aren't going anywhere. The downside, well, just look at that charming flap of flesh and remember, there's one on the other side, too.

Aside from the almost-painful compression, the bra has some nice details:
  • Key hole in the back for a little air
  • Offset seams for reduced chafing
  • Mesh back panel for ventilation and quick dry
From someone who should have known better, this is a reminder: try before you buy!

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment