Saturday, January 9, 2010

What to wear running in 17 degrees

Temp: Upper 20s with a feels-like of 17, sunny
Wind: Gusts up to 18mph
Precip./Humidity: None/dry
Terrain: Rolling to flat
Distance: 4.75 miles

What I Wore: Knit hat; Nike ACG wind-proof, elbow-high ski gloves; tank-style sports bra; dri-fit tank top; wick-away, long-sleeve shirt; wind-proof jacket; Road Runner winter tights; neck gaiter.

Did It Work: No. Unless you're a wrestler or jockey who is trying to make weight, try not to sweat off the pounds, like I did. It isn't real weight loss and being dehydrated will make you tired and slow. I totally over-compensated in response to having been in warm weather for the last three weeks.

What I Would Change: I needed to lose a layer and a half. When I do it again, I'll wear a regular sports bra (instead of tank) and leave off the dri-fit tank top. I would still wear the tights because they are wind-proof on one side, so my leg muscles stayed warm and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment