Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mid-30s, sunny in new gear

Temp: 35, sunny
Wind: 18 mph
Precip./Humidity: None
Terrain: Flat
Distance: 4 miles

What I Wore: New Icebreaker technical top under the Pearl Izumi shell; regular sports bra; Nike tights; knit hat and gloves

Did It Work: Yes. I was comfortable running into the wind on the outbound and took off the shell when the wind was at my back on the way home.


New gear review: Today I tested out a top I bought in New Zealand. The brand is Icebreaker and I think you can get it a few places in the U.S., like REI and Eastern Mountain Sportswear. It is made from merino wool, which I was leery of because wool usually itches me. Not Icebreaker! It is light-weight, comfortable and even stylish! Their gear comes in different weight levels. Today I wore 180, which is for cool weather. The top I wore today has a Napoleon pocket on the chest for stashing keys, lip balm, a little money or something else small.
When it gets colder, I'll try out another top, which is 200 weight. The only downside is Icebreaker's sleeves are a little short for me. To wear the size that fits my body, I have to use the thumb hooks just to make them stay down past my wrists.

No comments:

Post a Comment