Monday, June 25, 2012

Addicted to Running

Here's how I know I'm a running addict:
  1. I had to "quit cold turkey" because I was getting injured too much and too often.
  2. Not running, if I don't find a stop gap, makes me itchy antsy crazy!
  3. Even though I quit running in December,  I am using a specific part of my life about which I'm not pleased as an excuse that I "deserve" one run a week until it gets resolved. Let's just say, it's been going on long enough, I'm back up to two miles.
  4. I haven't told my mom or best friend that I'm running again because they'll give me a hard time. Shh, it's a secret!
  5. When I used to run a lot, I would down play how much I ran, "Oh, I'm really more of a social runner."
My only glimmer of sanity is that, when I'm injured, I usually take a break.

Are you a running addict? How do you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment