Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What to Wearing Running in 65 degrees

Temp: 65 degrees/overcast
Wind: 15 mph
Humidity/Precip.: Moderately high
Terrain: Rolling hills
Distance: 3 miles

Ridiculous photo, but best I had.
What I Wore: Full-length sports bra, mid-weight, moisture-wicking, long-sleeve top; and shorts.

Did It Work: No. The wind fooled me into thinking it was colder than it was, so I over dressed (I know, lame excuse). A mile into the run, I had to push up my sleeves and at two miles, my core was sweaty.

What I Should Have Done: A regular sports bra under a mid-weight top or, for the guys, just one layer.

The Upside (if that's what you call it): On my way home, my knee tweaked, forcing me to walk for a few blocks. The wind chilled me, making me glad I could pull down my sleeves while my knee worked itself out.

And, despite not being perfectly dressed and the knee tweaking, it was a nice run.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment