Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What to Wear Running: 75 degrees

Temp: 75 degrees, sunny
Humidity/Precip.: Moderate
Wind: 15 mph
Terrain: Rolling hills
Distance: 4 miles

What I Wore: Hat, Road Runner Sports singlet, Nike shorts and waterproof sunblock.

Did It Work: Yes, but barely. 75 degrees with sun can feel very warm, even with a breeze and moderate humidity, so minimal clothes, plus sunblock, was good. As summer continues to heat up, be sure to look for tops that wick sweat well and are breathable. This RRS singlet isn't my favorite for wicking and it has a big pocket in the back (think bike shirt) - putting extra layers over my lower back.

What Would Make It Better: I love small pockets built into running gear, particularly if they're built into the hem or side seams. The RRS singlet's pocket is big enough to hold two tennis balls. I don't know why, but when I'm running - versus playing tennis - I wish it weren't so.

No comments:

Post a Comment