Sunday, January 9, 2011

Running in 42 degrees (aka Hiding My Behind in Running Tights)

Temp: 42 degrees (6 C) and sunny
Wind: Calm
Humidity/Precip.: Moderate/None
Terrain: Rolling hills
Distance: 3 miles

What I Wore: Nike light-weight running tights; Asics light-weight, long-sleeve, wicking T-shirt; Nike heavy-weight running jacket; Asics gloves; and Nike running hat.

Did It Work: Yes. In the sun, I was comfortably warm and in the shade, which there's a lot of during this time of year, I was perfectly neutral. Plus, I've been sick, so I wanted something that would cover my neck without the weight of a balaclava.

A rare shot from the rear
Most importantly, I haven't run in three weeks, which means that, in my opinion, my bum does not need to be seen in running tights. Because running and cotton go together like pickles and ice cream, I don't train in baggy sweats, so I pulled on wicking running tights and then subtly covered up with the running jacket. It has a long tail, to cover my rear, and zip pockets in the front to hold my Kleenex.

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment