Sunday, February 13, 2011

What to wear running when almost everything is dirty

You know you're a runner when one load of laundry per week is entirely made up of workout gear. Saturday's run hit on laundry day, so the outfit was not my usual for 55 degrees.

Temp: 55 (~12 C), sunny
Humidity/Precip.: High, none
Wind: Mild
Terrain: Rolling hills
Distance: 4 miles

What I Wore: Puma double-layer tank with built-in sports bra; generic-brand capris; running hat.

Did it Work: Yes. My hands were a little cold at first, but then the whole thing was perfect.

Keeping it fresh: Usually at these temps, I go with shorts and a T, but all 8 pairs of running shorts were dirty along with my 6 sports bras and the only tops were what I wore or a heavy pull over. This change of pace was comfortable and, because it felt new, added pep to my step.

No comments:

Post a Comment