Friday, February 25, 2011

What to wear running in wind

Temp.: 50 degrees (9C)
Wind: 15 mph and cold!
Humidity/Precip.: None
Terrain: Rolling hills
Distance: 4.5 miles

What I wore: Nike full-body sports bra (guys, substitute with a singlet), New Balance wick-away t-shirt, Under Armour shorts.

Did It Work: Yes. I was worried that I might have gone overboard with the under layer, but the strong, cold wind kept me perfectly balanced between cool and warm.

Note to self (and maybe you?): As long as key parts of me are warm enough, I am comfortable. Specifically, I hate having cold ears, hands and torso. When dressing for temps on the edge of cold, I always make sure I protect these parts first.

Happy running!

1 comment:

  1. i am the same way. it makes me nuts when my fingers and ears are cold. thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete