Friday, May 14, 2010

Walk Run in 65 Degrees

This is What to Wear Running, the Walk Run edition.
Temp: 65, sunny
Wind: 10 mph
Precip./Humidity: None/low
Terrain: Rolling hills
Distance: 5 miles, mostly walked but with three or four quarter-mile intervals thrown in

What I Wore: Long-sleeve technical top; running shorts; hat; sunscreen.

Did It Work: No! When I run, 60 degrees is usually the temperature at which I stop wearing long-sleeve shirts. Because I was mostly walking and it was breezy, I thought I should stick to sleeves. By mile 2, I was too warm. More sunscreen, less shirt sleeve would have been perfect.

Dress the Part: Sometimes, when we're mostly walking, we feel a bit foolish getting all dressed up in running gear. My advice: dress for the job you want, not the job you have. In other words, dress for running and you will be prepared when you're ready to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment