Monday, April 26, 2010

What to wear running in the Rain

Temp: 52, cloudy
Precip./Humidity: Raining, High humidity
Wind: Moderate
Terrain: Flat
Distance: 5 miles

What I Wore: Brimmed hat to keep water off my face; long-sleeve technical top; Pearl Izumi light-weight running jacket; shorts; old Asics running shoes.

Did It Work: Mostly. I was a little warm sometimes, but it's easier to cool down when running in the rain than it is to warm up. If you're overheating, vent by unzipping your jacket. Hold off on removing a layer and exposing yourself to the rain, if possible.

Note: I love Apple's earbuds except when I'm running, especially if it's raining or very hot, because they tend to fall out when damp. If you like to listen to music while running, I recommend getting headphones that hook over your ears. Even in the pouring rain, you won't have to worry about them.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks twin! I wish I had this knowledge before my 5K Saturday!

    Love ya!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also recommend sunglasses, even if it's not sunny. Keeps the rain out of my eyes.

    ReplyDelete