Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New UV blocking shirt!

Hello Spring Running. That means coolish weather, but sunburn-causing daylight. Perfect excuse to buy a new running top...

Temp: 58, late afternoon sun
Wind: Mild
Precip./Humidity: None/Low
Terrain: Rolling hills
Distance: 3 miles

What I Wore: Tiny Puma shorts (not pictured cuz they are so very short!); New Balance UV 20 blocking long-sleeve shirt; hat.

Did It Work: Yes, temperature wise, although I felt a little exposed on the bottom.

How's the Shirt: I give it a B. First of all, the color. Yikes for anyone who isn't brown-skinned, which I'm not. But chartreuse was the only choice.
The fit is good - sleeve is long enough and an extra small fits my somewhat puny torso closely.
I like the reflective strips on either side of my abs for their slimming and reflecting, but I know better than to think a driver would see those soon enough to stop from hitting me.
My only real complaint is the seams. I often think that runners don't design most running tops. Seams that wrap under the arm and down the sides are not good for more than 5 miles (less if you're really easily chafed). Most people don't run more than 5 miles, so it's a good shirt for many, including me, most of the time.

Lastly, I don't feel like I really tested the UV blocking element. I'll let you know when I do. Until then, happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment