Friday, June 7, 2013

What to Wear Running: 80 Degree Run in Under Armour for Women

Temp: 80 degrees F/25 degrees C
Humidity: Moderate (55%)
Wind: 10-15 mph
Terrain: Rolling hills
Distance: 3 miles

What I Wore: Under Armour's Fly By mesh tank and knit short. Champion compression sports bra.


Did It Work: As much as possible, yes. I don't handle heat very well. When the mercury hits 75, I'm a hot mess. HOWEVER, this UA gear worked well. The tank didn't bunch or chafe. The mesh wasn't cheesy and see-through. Instead it was breathable and a good weight. The design creates a gather in between the upper shoulder blades so it's less restrictive and more modern. The one thing I would change: make it two inches shorter. But that's just because I have a short torso.

I REALLY like the shorts, with two considerations for anyone going shopping. Here's what's good: modern fit with no excess fabric; wide, comfy waistband; pocket built into liner; close-fitting liner or some nice soft material; VERY good looking, classic design.
Considerations: tiny inseam (~2 inches); lack of inseam can make it feel like it is riding up between the thighs (I don't think it actually was). When buying, be sure to try them on. The shorts are so fitted, you can get VPL (visible panty line) from the built-in liner on the hips or lower bum area.

And the shoes? I'm still testing Under Armour's Micro G shoes. They did well today. I modified my stride a bit and didn't have any ankle pain. Note to self: tighten those laces! These shoes will slip from side to side if not laced tightly.

Thank you to Under Armour for letting me try out this gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment