Friday, March 19, 2010

Know Limits (70, sunny)

It is a gorgeous day. Sunny, light breeze, 70 degrees. Horrible for running.

I had scheduled 10 miles. I am WAY behind on my training for the 13.1 in NYC on April 3, so I really wanted to get in a double-digit run.

You'll notice, maybe, that this posting has no photo. That's because, while I completed my 10 miles, it was hard. Much harder than the 9 miles of hills I did last weekend. The way was flat, the day was lovely, and I was sucking wind.

Some runs are just like that. It doesn't matter how well dressed you are (brimmed hat, Nike dri-fit shorts and t-shirt) or if you ate pasta the night before (it was delicious). Some runs are just hard. For me, when a run is so hard it feels like my legs are made of steel and the sidewalk is a magnet, all I can do is finish.

Today, I finished, barely.

Afterwards, I took a nap. When I woke up, I drank a little juice. 10 minutes later, I saw that juice again, going the other way. It's just one of those days, physically.

Until next week, good luck to everyone running half and full marathons this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment